Here is how this match-up works: today we are sharing 3 projects from the CCB Crew Gloria Stengel, Monica Edwards and Kim Rippere on our blog. We are also featured on the Canvas Corp Brands Blog where you will find all the details to win a great prize of stamps and inks from Dare 2B Artzy and a $25 gift card to the Canvas Corp Brands Shop
Just jump over to the blog, take a look, leave us a comment, include the#d2baccbmatchup!!! Then tell us your favorite social media site – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and follow us there. You will then be eligible for this gift package from Dare 2B Artzy, plus a $25 gift card from Canvas Corp Brands to spend in the online shop.
If you are not familiar with Dare 2B Artzy. It is a unique, inspiring and contemporary line of clear stamps, inks, dies and paper. Their stamps and papers are made in the USA. They have a wide range of styles. Dare 2B Artzy readers
include cardmakers, mixed media artists, scrapbookers and we now have a line of stamps for those who like to do Bible journaling. They like to inspire their followers to “dare to be ARTZY” and try new things. To see their product line visit their online shop Follow our social media sites for links to more projects.”
I had too much fun playing around with all the things I received from Canvas Corp Brands and Dare 2B Artzy! I had a plan for the pennants. But, as I was thinking about what might be and how they might be used…BUNNY EARS became the new project concept. I randomly accordion folded a banner and an ear was born.
The name is a play on my partner’s nickname from years ago…Bunk! It is a bunnykey…bunky…bun-key. He also loves word play like this and got a good laugh!
They sent me so much to work with that I also created several cards! If you comment on the linked post I will send you some Canvas Corp Brands paper. Get the details on that post!
- Randomly stamp Canvas Corp Brands canvas pennants with Dare 2b Artzy Big Bloom using stamping ink – Tropical Blue.
- Fill in some lines of circles with Tattered Angels Glam – Light Blue.
- Color the centers of the flowers with Tattered Angels Shimmer – Goldenrod.
- Mix Dare 2b Artzy Tropical Blue and Goldenrod and use to color in some of the leaves.
- Spray Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Jack Frost in a 6-inch line, drag the edges of the pennant through until the edges are colored blue, as desired.
- Allow to dry.
- Accordion fold the wide end and wrap with Hemp – Natural use a square knot to set and a simple knot in the ends.
- Canvas Home Basics Burlap Flower – Blue. Randomly apply Tattered Angels High Impact Paint – White. You can use a brayer, a stamp, your fingers…whatever!
- Flower Center: This is from Poland I got it in a swap. It was sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – French Lime, adhere with hot glue.
- Key: Metal embellishment from my stash, adhere with hot glue.
- Frame 8 x 10, stretch burlap. stamp edge with “Beautiful” from Dare 2b Artzy Big Bloom using Tropical – Blue ink, edge colored with Tropical – Turquoise, edges randomly stamped with Dare 2B Artzy butterfly antenna from Butterfly Tangle with Dare 2b Artzy Tropical – Turquoise.
- First Layer: Canvas Corp Brands 7 x 10 Blue Chevron on Kraft, edged with Dare 2b Artzy Tropical – Blue.
- Second Layer: Canvas Corp Brands 6 x 8 canvas, stamp with Dare 2b Artzy Paisley from Butterfly Tangle, and Dare 2b Artzy Tropical – Turquoise ink.
- Chipboard, colored with Dare 2b Artzy Tropical – Turquoise.
- Onto the frame with two layers, hot glue a Canvas Home Basics 2×2 burlap stretched canvas (sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Jack Frost) in the middle toward the bottom. The burlap flower will rest on this giving dimension and space for the ears.
- Hot glue the ears in place.
- Hot glue the key/flower in place.
- Attached a Canvas Corp Brands clothespin – navy to “LOVE” and adhere the clothespin with hot glue.
- Attached to Canvas Corp Brands clothespins – green to the top of the flower as shown.
- 613 Avenue Create
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Mixed Media Mojo
- Simon Says Stamps – Monday Challenge (#sssmchallenge)
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge (#ssswchallenge)
Goodies (some may be affiliate links):
Design Team Statement: I wrote this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Creative Maker Team, The East Wind Design Team, the Canvas Corp Brands Creative Crew, the Eye Connect Craft Design Team, and the Susan Weckesser Design Team.