I loving playing with the interesting chipboard shapes from Eye Connect Crafts! They are so versatile, easy to work with, and from recycled materials.
Dragonflies happen to be one of my favorite animals to work with. I love how this one stands out from the background.
Details – Tag Background:
- This is a tissue paper background. To see my video on this, click here.
- Roughly Mod Podge a piece of tissue paper to a piece of paper about 2.5 x 6.5. I used the insert from the dragonfly packaging. Allow to dry.
- Create a wash with Folk Art – Basil Green and color the background. Allow to dry.
- Lightly rub a darker stamping ink on the background. The high points will pick up the new color. I used Distress Ink – Lawn and Olive, and Mix’d Media Inx Truffle and Honey.
- Adhere this to a piece of chipboard that is 2 x 6. I used half of the inside of the frame from Eye Connect Crafts. Trim to size.
- To create more interest in the background I stamped a swirl with a variegated green ink pad.
- Sprayed Tattered Angels – Olive Vine with leaf stencil.
- Round the corners.
- Edge tag with Mix’d Media Inx – Truffle.
Details – Dragonfly:
- I created this paper using a Gelli Plate earlier.
- Glue the correct side of the dragonfly to the back of the paper.
- Cut along chipboard.
- Edge all the pieces with Mix’d Media Inx – Patina.
- Stamp a background stamp using Mix’d Media Inx – Jasmine. Emboss with a mixture of embossing powders. This happens when you accidently mix them together! 🙂
- Glue the dragonfly together, shaping the wings.
- Attach blue flat back gem in the middle.
Details – Sentiment
- Light blue scrap paper.
- Letter stamps, Distress Ink – Patina.
- Sheet of letter stamps, Mix’d Media Inx – Vintage.
- Edge with Distress Ink – Jeans.
- Adhere the dragonfly on an angle.
- Adhere the sentiment above. Outline this twice using a brown fine tip marker.
- Using a brown fine tip marker, around the edge draw small circles with a line to the outside. As shown.
- Create a whole in the top.
- Canvas Corp Brands Hemp – Avocado. I put knots in the ends.
- 613 Avenue Create
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge (#ssswchallenge)
Goodies (Affiliate Links):