This was for the January “Forest Friends” theme at SplitCoastStampers. I try to make some more masculine cards as I have three nephews. Turns out they go to a cabin in Canada where there is great fishing!
I found this flying fish image on the internet and fell in love. The more I worked on the design of this card the more I liked it.
- Card Base: White skinny card (9 x 4), stamped with Rubber Dance – ATC Backgrounds 2, inked with Distress Ink – Ocean (first and second pressing).
- First Layer: Image from the internet, edged with DI – Ocean, and edges distressed.
- Fish: Image from the internet. The offset is the same image as the first layer. I cut out 3 extra eyes, glued them together, and used Glossy Accents.
- Hook: I made the hook with 18 gauge jewelry wire, 3-Step pliers, and the rounded jewelry pliers. The improved clinch knot (typical for fishing) is made from white cording.
- 613 Avenue Create
- Corrosive Challenges
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Left of Center
- Lost Coast Designs
- Simon Says Stamps – Monday Challenge (#sssmchallenge)
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge (#ssswchallenge)