Canvas Corp Brands is hosting a challenge with a theme of “Family” and a huge prize pack including 8 sprays, lots of paper, paper clips, denim, and tags. I cannot win. 🙁
My family story is short but intricate.
Let’s start with the picture props. My father researched the family genealogy (both his parents) several decades ago. It is all in these two books that he had bound.
The engraved silver brushes were his mother’s and are boars hair.
The silver letter openers (how perfect with the pen paper?!?) were a relative’s in the generation before my grandparents. I get crafting mail and wanted a nice letter opener. Dad sent me these. Guess you know how I open my mail!
This tag goes with the brushes perfectly. I have put information about my grandmother and the brushes on the back of the tag. This was there will be a record of what we knew about them.
- Base: Sand & Sea on Kraft, 3 x 7.5, corners rounded.
- First Layer: Pen & Ink on Ivory, 2.5 x 7, Distress Ink – Honey, Glimmer Mist – French Lime, corners rounded. There is a pen cut out and not entirely glued down. Also, I flicked some Glimmer Mist – Cranberry.
- Tag: Tags & Ties Skinny – Kraft, Glimmer Mist – Cranberry, Stamp – Imagine, Hero Arts – Unicorn, clear embossing powder.
- Flower: 3 Petaloo flowers; Tattered Angels – Dragonfly, French Lime, Cranberry, Bittersweet
- Butterfly: Petaloo, clothespin
- Hanger: Vintage Pin – Antique Silver, Cord Rope Natural Hank
- 613 Avenue Create
- Crafting From the Heart
- Crafting in a Beautiful Mess
- Creative Fingers
- Dream Valley Challenges