My idea was to back something from my childhood and have my matriarchal line represented in the photo.
The framed recipe is from my mother’s father’s mother. My mom’s mom’s (Ami) had it framed for her. She has had this for decades. Typically it hangs in her kitchen, she lent it to me for this picture.
The dog is something I got when Ami died last year. It was my mother’s father’s parents (Gross Mama and Gross Papa).
The plate is something my mother purchased for me years ago. A treasure.
The Amish cookbook my parents purchased when we visited the Amish when I was young. We’ve made Lumberjacks for years…molasses cookies! So delicious.
The recipe card is from Canvas Corp Brands. It has a little distressing. The card is currently sitting in my recipe card box.
Phew…that is my story and I am sticking to it!
Recipe Details (slightly modified):
- 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add molasses and unbeaten eggs. Mix well.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to wet.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar in bowl.
- Create 1 tsp balls, roll in sugar.
- Cook on greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
- Recipe card, edged with Distress Ink – Walnut Stain and Corduroy.