The Canvas Corp Brand fabric was wonderful to work with. It had just the right amount of body and was easy to sew and paint.
PS. I was The Royal Imperial Poobah was I was very young. 🙂
- Find image to use as pattern and size. I used a modified Silhouette file and created an offset at .25 inches as the cutting line.
- Put two fabrics back sides together with the pattern on top, pin, and cut. I used Black Ticking Canvas and Damask Printed Canvas.
- Paint fabric. Sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Penny and Chalkboard – Bittersweet. Then use a large flourish stamp with craft paint. Allow to dry. Set by ironing. I don’t anticipate this getting heaving usage or needing to be washed.
- Create eyes. I traced the outline from the pattern using a lightbox and a black Sharpie. I then filled in with High Impact – Purple and Glimmer Mist – Purple Rain.
- Sew: Put the back sides together, pin, and sew it together. Use a small strong stitch, it needs to withstand all the stuffing. Leaving an open space for stuffing.
- Stitch up the open space. I used a back stitch.
- Whiskers are black cording tied in a square knot with a third piece slipped into the middle before tightening.
- Collar is jute tied in a bow with a lanyard clasp.
- I thought the tail needed some definition so I sewed the center tight with embroidery thread, did a few French knots, and then a few loose stitches for dimension.