Eye Connect Craft products were designed with the DIY, eco-friendly crafty individual in mind. The Totem Poppet and Lace-Up collections are designed to be pose-able, personable and fun!
This faux leather tutorial intrigued me. I had also been planning to make something with the Eye Connect Crafts Celebration Star. I was thinking about something for New Years and/Christmas. I love it when separate crafting ideas can be merged. Initially, I was thinking of regular ornament; but, as the thought process went on I realized that there were structural elements that needed a backing. As I was creating the final idea I noticed that I could use the dimension of a shadow box (tin top) to create additional dimension! Bonus.
- Three Eye Connect Crafts Celebration Stars, tear up and apply masking tape to one side of each star. Trim edges.
- Apply Distress Ink – Walnut Stain to ink the edges of the tape. Then use Distress Ink – Honey and Linen to give the star color added dimension.
- Clear emboss the stars.
- Use an embossing folder to create additional dimension and texture.
- Stamp with Rubber Dance – Round in Circles inked with Delicata – Gold.
- Newman’s tin top – sprayed with ivory spray paint.
- Stamp with Rubber Dance – ATC Background 2 inked with Delicata Gold.
- Script paper inked with Distress Ink – Corduroy and Honey. Stamp with Rubber Dance – ATC Background 2 stamp inked with Distress Ink – Linen.
- Rub the front edges with brown/gold pigment ink.
- Stamp lace with Rubber Dance – ATC Background 2 stamp and spray with Chalkboard – Bittersweet and Glimmer Mist – Penny.
- Adhere the lace to the script paper and then adhere two of the stars to the lace. Make sure the stars hang over the edge. Cut the stars to the edge of the script paper. SAVE these!
- Edge the third star with jute.
- Adhere the paper/lace/stars the inside of the tin.
- Line up and adhere the star pieces that were cut off. These should be adhered to front of the side. :). This will create more dimension. If you use regular glue make sure to allow these to fully dry and support them so they stay where you want them!
- Using popdots, adhere the third star to the inside of the tin.
- Use about 6 inches of jute to create a hanger. Glue to back.
- Altered Eclectics
- 613 Avenue Create
- Corrosive Challenges
- Crafting From the Heart
- Mixed Media Mojo
- Simon Says Stamps – Monday Challenge (#sssmchallenge)