When I saw Jade Dragonne’s Marie Antoinette image I knew that I wanted to color it!
Then, how to make it dark? Cake! Ok, but something fun…cupcake? Card? How to make a cupcake bloody? I found a cupcake file in the Silhouette store and already had a blood border, so it was “just” a matter of merging them. I decided to also do the candles in the same same paper to enhance the red/blood aspect. Then the bottom seemed boring and an idea was hatched. The final piece of the design was cutting her head off and making the neck area on both red.
At first glance this might not appear overly dark, but the layers of macabre are certainly there! Let’s eat that bloody cupcake with a beheaded Marie. YUCK? Fun? Maybe!?!
Since this is entered in the Design Team Showcase, it is also part of the Design Team Showcase BlogHop. If your comment includes “Design Team Showcase” you will be eligible to win. To find out more, click here.
- Card Base: Silhouette files using DCWV Dark Romance.
- Blood and Red: Silhouette files using DCWV Dark Romance.
- Sentiment: Modified Silhouette file, print/cut, DCWV Dark Romance paper.
- Image: Jade Dragonne’s Marie Antoinette, colored with Copics.
- Hair: YR31; E35, 37, 29
- Skulls: E70, 71
- Skin: BV31; E50, 53, 71, 42
- Dress: BV23, 25, 29
- Under Dress/Fan: YR00; E93, 95, 97, 99
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Dream in Darkness
- Design Team Showcase
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge