I am working to expand the things I do and funk things up…notice the new branding?
This artist trading card has a few things new that I did to expand my horizons. I created my own background, made the seaweed, and then…the image…I colored it, then covered over it with a light blue…then used the blenderless solution and blotted it with a paper towel. Scary! But, worth it. It gives more of an effect that he is underwater. Hope he knows how to use that snorkel. 🙂
- Card Base: Product packaging, background made with Gelatos.
- Water Bubbles: These are part of an Inkadinkadoo stamp. First I used Distress Ink – Jeans. It faded into the background so much that I stamped it again with a pigment ink. I ended up liking that it is stamped twice it gives more dimension.
- Seaweed. This was a stretch for me. This required free hand drawing! I used a scrap of printed green (with monotone dots) paper, then created two squiggles that cross and filled some of the areas in with an Uniball – white pen.
- Image: Some Odd Girl – Snorkel Tobie, using Copics, and treated as described above.
- Skin: E000, 00, 11, 04, R20
- Eyes: BV00, 01, 02
- Hair: Y21, YR23, E15, 18
- Snorkel/Mask: YG93, 95, 97; Mask Lens: Y21, YG91; Grey: C1, 3, 5
- Blue…yes, over EVERYTHING I just colored: BG000