This was so easy and quick to make, while being packed with flavors. Also, the broth was slightly thicker, which I liked.
I calls for Thai Seasoning blend, which I wasn’t able to find. So, I had to wing it. I used this recipe as a foundation, but mostly ended up adding the listed ingredients that I had on hand in portions that made sense to me.
*This is modified from a recipe that I pulled out of a magazine a few years ago. I’m not able to determine which one!
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, meat shredded
- 2 cups water
- 15 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 small bunch carrots
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Thai seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- lime wedges
Thai Seasoning Blend:
- Ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Ground white and black pepper
- Lemongrass paste
- Fresh lime zest
- Ground ginger
- Dried mint
- Organic raw sugar
- Seems like I missed the garlic, maybe next time!
- In large sauce pan combine chicken, water, coconut milk, carrots, lime juice, soy sauce, Thai seasoning, and salt.
- Boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered for about 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp/tender.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with additional seasoning, cilantro, and lime.