Do you remember Christmas time when you were little? All of us come from different eras and hopefully we all have some fond memories of Christmases past. The look of ornaments, decorations, wrapping paper and cards have definitely undergone changes in their appearances throughout the years. Have you stayed traditional to your roots or have you moved on with the times? Regardless of your style, this month we want to see a card that reflects the Christmases of old.
Since this is entered in the Design Team Showcase, it is also part of the Design Team Showcase BlogHop. If your comment includes “Design Team Showcase” you will be eligible to win. To find out more, click here.
The minute I saw the circles from Luna Girl I knew what I wanted to make. A garland. I think this will be so fun for my nephews to add to their Christmas tree this year!
- Cut a piece of jute about 24 inches long.
- Print and Punch: Luna Girl – Christmas Minis 2 (1″ Circles) Digital Collage Sheet.
- Print and Punch: Print the digital paper from DeCosse’s Dynamite Doodles in purple, green, and red. I choose colors that matched the Luna Girl mini’s I was using.
- Print and Cut: Decosse red paper, cut with a paper bead Silhouette file.
- Start in the middle, glue a mini to a Doodles (solid color) with the jute in the middle.
- Tie a simply knot about 1/2 in away from the edge of the two-sided circle you just glued together.
- Glue together another mini and a Doodle about 1/2 inch away from the knot, reverse the image from the first one you did.
- Repeat 6 and 7 on either side until you run out of circles.
- Tie knots at either end.
- Roll together the two paper beads that you cut, leaving an empty core so that you can thread the cute through.
- Thread beads on. Tie knots to keep them on the jute.
- Trim jute.