Canvas Corp Brands asked the Creative Crew to create something based on a favorite designer. I adore St. John knits with the colors, the classic lines, the simplicity, and the elegant details. This card is based on the idea of a woman’s suit neckline.
The Canvas Corp Brand papers I used are wonderful to work with, they are not fibrous so they cut very well – on the Silhouette, with scissors, with a craft knife, or with the guillotine! The navy is deep and rich, yet clearly not back…and the coral is bright and without being garish.
In a previous life I was a Chief Operating Officer at a law firm in Atlanta. I got super dressed up for work each day, I would have fit right in – in New York City. Most days I wore St. John knit wear. The clothing is expensive, but lasts a life time…you can even resize the knit clothing as needed (2 sizes in each direction). As it turns out, that isn’t my life any more and I never get to wear my wonderful wardrobe anymore! I used to love getting dressed…hair, makeup, clothes, jewelry, and perfume…each day. I loved it!
Not sure that I miss it…but, I miss having a reason to wear such awesome clothing.
The clothing tends to look traditional…but, it all depends on how it is shaped to fit you and your accessories. I was *anything* but conservative!
Here is a taste of the St. John look:
- Card Base: Canvas Corp Brands Navy and Ivory Anchor , 4.25 x 8.5. Scored at 2 1/8 from each end, and at a 45° angle from the folded corner (fold out). Color the edges with Distress Ink – Jeans.
- First Layer on Gate Fold: Canvas Corp Brands Ivory Cardstock, 1 7/8 x 4, cut at a 45° angle from the top edge. Make sure you mirror these when you are cutting! Center and adhere.
- Second Layer on Gate Fold: 1 5/8 x 3 3/4, cut at a 45° angle from the top edge. Make sure you mirror these when you are cutting! Center and adhere.
- First Layer Inside: 4×4, Coral Claws & Shells on Ivory.
- Second Layer Inside: 3.75 x 3.75, Canvas Corp Brands Ivory Cardstock.
- Button: Vintage brass anchor, one in round piece from Coral Claws & Shells on Ivory.
- Flaps: Tacked down with hot glue, apply coral flat back pearls to corner.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Sister Act Card Challenge