Join us at Open-Minded Crafting Challenges! The current challenge is “Wedding or Anniversary!”
There are a ton of sponsors and prizes. Check it out.
I thought the idea of a funky funky casual beach wedding sounded like freedom and fun! Grab the surf boards, get married, enjoy the breeze, enjoy friends and family. This image reminded me so much of growing up in southern California.
As I was coloring the image I realized that this sort of car had a nickname…woody. I wanted to incorporate this into the name of the card. Seemed reasonable, then I started laughing. That is when I knew it was a perfect name!
- Card Base: Medium blue card stock, 5 x 7. Stamped with paisley stamp, inked with white, and clear embossed. This was great a mimicking frothy waves!
- First Layer: Light blue card stock, 4.75 x 6.75, distress tool on edges. Stamped with same paisley stamp, Distress Ink – Glass, and embossed with rainbow powder.
- Sun – First Layer: Deep orange card stock, 3.5 x 5, edges distress with scissors, Distress Ink – Barn Door.
- Sun – Second Layer: White card stock distressed with Distress Ink – Lemonade and Marmalade. I then used an embossing folder and lightly used DI – Barn Door on the raised parts.
- Car – First Layer: Product packaging, 3.5 x 5, edges distressed with scissors.
- Car – Second Layer: Recollections Espresso paper 3.25 x 4.75.
- Car: Beachwagon from My Whimsical Little World, colored with Copics, and the rays on the surf board are Copic with Glossy Accents. The wood panels were paper pieced with an image of wood grain I found on the internet.
- Rosette: Two layer rosette made with a Sizzix die and scrap paper. Center is the orange paper from Sun – First Layer, stamped with a flourish stamp, and inked with Distress Ink – Barn Door.
- Flourishes: Silhouette files, cut from medium blue card stock.
- Tire Rims: Quilled flowers using patterned card stock, also rubbed the edges with NuPastel – Orange.
- Wedding Bells: Cut file I created, cut from Neenah White Metallic paper.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Sister Act Card Challenge