Join us at Open-Minded Crafting Challenges! The current challenge is “Shabby Chic!”
There are a ton of sponsors and prizes. Check it out.
I’ve never really been into Shabby Chic so the challenge this time was…challenging. More so, because I saw this *awesome* Steampunk image that I wanted to use. hmmm. So, I decided that a ~Shabby Chic Steampunk~ mash up was in order! I thought it might turn out great, but you just never know. Never. And…as it turns out, I am in love with this one! Yes, another one. 🙂
- Card Base: Lilac Bazzill card stock, 5 x 7, Stampers Anonymous, Classics #7 (Corner stamp), stamped with Distress Ink – Raspberry, edges distress with Peacock.
- First Layer: This is a very thick piece of paper I made last year (with lillies, maybe?). I wetted one edge so that I could pull it apart to size it without creating a harsh line. I then stamped it with Stampers Anonymous, Classics #7 (Steampunk rectangle)
- Frame: I received this in a swap. It was a black. I painted it with Folk Art Merlot, then stamped (Stampers Anonymous, Classics #7 – Oval Flourish) it with Folk Art Rose Pink, then stamped (same stamp) with Distress Ink – Raspberry, and finally to blend it all together used a paper towel to apply Folk Art – Harbor Mist.
- Image: Magnified Star by The East Wind, printed in Neenah Solar White #80, colored with Copics (see details below).
- Crocheted Flower: My sister made this! I used fabric stiffener and adhered with glue.
- Paper Flowers: From my stash, sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Nougat.
- Metal Flower with Pink Center: Pendant.
- Metal Flower, butterfly, pin, camera, and hello: metal embellishments.
- Paper Butterfly: From my stash.
- Skin: E000, 00, 11, 13, R20.
- Elbow Pads: G21, 43, 64, 99.
- Headband: Elbow Pads, RV91, 93, 95, R56
- Tank: E30, 31, 33, 35, 57
- Tank Strap: W1, 3, 5
- Goggles: BG0000, 11, 13, 49; W1, 3
- Flower: E57; Y26, 15
- Background: E42
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Left of Center Challenges
- Mixed Media Mojo (tape, chipboard, stamp)
- Mixed Media Monthly Challenge
- Not Just Cards
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge
- Sister Act Card Challenge