The Some Odd Girl challenge is “Critters.” Since I am attempting to do another Christmas Countdown (25 different cards/tags/whatevers) for my nephews this year…minus the getting it all done in less than a month…I take every excuse I can find to turn challenges into Christmas projects! I am doing pretty well. So far I have about 15 things (25 needed) completed. Makes for a happy Auntie Shoe (yes, that is my nickname).
- Card Base: 3 x 5.5, Martha Stewart Christmas paper pack, distress with Distress Ink – Honey.
- First Layer: Dark olive green card stock, distress with DI – Honey.
- Second Layer: Brown card stock with glitter (scrap).
- Christmas Tree: Spode Christmas toothpick with toothpick removed.
- Sleight: Wood embellishment sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Barn Door and Suede, and Chalkboard – Mantis.
- Snowflake: First Layer – wood embellishment, inked with gold/brown, embossed with clear powder multiple times. Second Layer – wood embellishment, inked with gold/brown, embossed with clear powder once. Top – ivory flat backed pearl.
- SM: Tim Holtz letters.
- Image: Some Odd Girl stamp, colored with Copics, hat highlighted with Flower Soft.
- Hook: Hook – chipboard painted with green crafter’s paint, then stamped with a Unity stamp – embossed with Aged Ivory embossing powder. Leaves – stash. Clothespin – stash. Paper flower – handmade, sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Barn Door. Berries – stash.