Canvas Corp Brands asked their designers to create something with a theme of patina. I love making booklet for people to carry around or use for a special purpose. This is a booklet with a garden theme that can be thrown in a purse for random notes, for keeping track of gardening, or for any other purpose!
Booklets are easy to use once you get comfortable with the awl. Basically you fold paper in half, pierce it along the fold, and sew it together. I don’t even worry about all the paper being the same size! I like mine to have different sizes of paper in the interior, this gives it interest and options for the user.
To get the patina finish I used a DIY stamp! All those extra bits of sheets of stamps you get? I used those! Do crafters throw anything away? Apparently, not. To make these stamps:
- Glue together 3 layers of corrugated cardboard.
- Adhere the stamp dross. I glue it down.
- Dry. Use.
- SO EASY!
- Front and Back Covers: The Watering Can: Seed Packets on Ivory, cut. Stamped with my DIY stamp with Perfect Medium and then used Perfect Pearls – Heirloom Gold, Green Patina, and Blue Patina. Corners chomped
- Inside: Kraft paper, corners chomped.
- “Thread:” Jute, sewn in three holes with a square knot on the outside.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Friends with Flair
- Design Team Showcase
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge