Christmas time is always a fun time to see cute little Christmas Critters coming out of the woodwork to help celebrate the holiday season. This month we would love to see your creations using some Christmas Critters.
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that your card showcases a Christmas Critter. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don’t need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month’s sponsored prize of a $25.00 gift certificate from Deedee’s Digis.
Not all of us are in winter climes! So, when I had the chance to support someone making Christmas images for those of us that live where it is warm in the winter I wanted to take it. Additionally, I think this will be hilarious to send to my sister in New England for her family’s Christmas Countdown!
This was primarily created digitally with a few additions after printing. I combined the flamingo, tree, background, sand (my own file), and sentiment in Silhouette Studio. I printed out one copy and another copy of the tree for additional parts.
- Card Base: Bazzill light pink card stock, A7.
- First Layer: White card stock, stamped with a Unity Stamp, inked with Distress Ink – Glass.
- Second Layer: Created as described above.
- Tree & Lights: From Deedee’s Digis. Glossy Accents applied to lights.
- Palm Fronds: Cut from second image, slightly curled, adhered in the middle of the tree.
- Bird: Cut from Decosse Dynamite paper, nest is Flower Soft.
- Flamingo: From Deedee’s Digis. White highlights are Flower Soft.
- Rosette: Scrap paper and Tim Holtz die.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Christmas Card Challenges
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Sister Act Card Challenge
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge