Canvas Corp Brands asked Creative Crew members to create something with a Denim and Lace theme. I needed a card to send to friend saying thank you and miss you. She will love the combination as it mirrors a pair of jeans we purchased together years ago.
I find their paper glorious to work with. It is the perfect weight and stiffness…and the options for patterns is extensive!
When trying to tape down the ribbon I found that the tape wasn’t even rolling off the ATG. The ribbon is too smooth so there was nothing for the tape to grip onto. So, I tried using a little glue, this worked perfectly. When I do this I put it under my mat to weight it down and keep it flat and smooth.
The ribbon is from my stash. It was ivory before I sprayed it with Simply Sheer – Navy Blue.
I went with a skinny card to give this the look of a jeans leg.
- Card Base: Canvas Corp Brands – Skinny Cards. To give an additional lace feel I used a Unity Stamp and Distress Ink – Jeans.
- First Layer: Jeans image that I found on the internet and sized.
- Ribbon: Ivory, colored with Simply Sheer – Navy Blue. The ticking is a stripe from Blue & Ivory Ticking.
- Lace: This is a strip from White & Kraft Lace paper, punched with an EkSuccess edge punch.
- Sentiment: From 7Gypsies Express Yourself.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Sister Act Card Challenge