I am just getting into altered dominoes. They are having a doll contest and the winner will be the Top Mascot for 2015. I decided that I wanted to do some natural, earthy, and quirky. Think Gaia; but reimagined for the 21st century as dominoArt! Gaia is lashed to bamboo poles, which symbolize her bond with earth.
While I love making cards, I am also really enjoying branching out and making things that are quirkier and different. Spreading my wings lets me explore my creativity, my interests, and my materials. I have so many! (Don’t we all?!?!)
- Dominos: Being new to altered dominoes I wasn’t sure how texture paste would stick…so, I started with gessoing the sides. I then made my own texture paste with Folk Art – Forest Moss and used a palette knife to spread it on the sides, thick and rough. Let dry. Dry brush texture paste with Folk Art – Lime Luster.
- Head: Paper flower base, grass/straw, several size of eyes and background printed, cut out, and put together; parts of the circles were outlines with Copic W9 to give definition. Purple flat backed faceted gem.
- Domino – Top/Arms: Basic Grey – Sweet Threads, back of paper pack swatches. Flower stamp, inked with Distress Ink – Olive and Raspberry. Distress with DI – Olive. Pink flat back faceted gem in middle of flower. Metal label. Arms are baubles from a tassel. Wood embellishments, sprayed with Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer – Copper, topped with green glitter glue.
- Domino – Bottom/Feet: Basic Grey – Sweet Threads, back of paper pack swatches. Using a piece of metallic ribbon as a stencil, daub with DI – Olive and Raspberry. Distress with DI – Olive. Stamp with cherry blossom stamp, inked with Fold Art – Lime Luster. Metal label with chipboard flower. Feet are small tassels from a larger tassel. Wood embellishments, sprayed with Copper, topped with green glitter glue.
- Altered Eclectics – Anything Goes
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- DominoART – Top Mascot
- Dream in Darkness – Anything Goes
- Left of Center
- Mixed Media Monthly Challenge – flowers
- Simon Says Stamps – Wednesday Challenge