The April challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Birthday!
Did you know that So Suzy Stamps
Yes, you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
I have been enjoying finding ways to use things that I have. There are going to be a few posts this month with tissue paper or napkins. I used tissue paper for this one. I have had this for years, perhaps 10. I have moved it several times and decided that it was time to use it for…*something!*
The technique is to stamp the tissue paper, ball it up to get crinkles, then spread glue stick over a piece of card stock, and then flatten out and adhere the tissue paper. In this case, when I stamped the flowers the detail didn’t show enough for my taste. This created a happystance, where the “fix” is what really makes the card special.
- Card Base: Dark purple card stock, A6.
- First Layer: Mint green card stock.
- Second Layer: Printed hydrangea tissue paper, adhered with technique above.
- Flowers: So Suzy Stamp – Flower Swirl Trio, inked with Distress Ink – Concord. I left the stamp down too long and too much ink transferred…resulting in flowers with little detail. So, the fix was to stamp again onto white card stock and fussy cut the flowers out. I also cut between the petals so that they would be more separated and I could curl them. I also distressed the edges of the layer with DI – Concord.
- Sentiment: Unity Stamp, inked with DI – Concord.
- Flat Matte Gems: Purple.
- Art by Miran
- 613 Avenue Create
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Design Team Showcase
- Not Just Cards
- Sister Act Card Challenge