Join us at Open-Minded Crafting Challenges! The current challenge is “Recycle!”
There are a ton of sponsors and prizes. Check it out.
I am working on my Christmas Countdown items that I will be sending my nephews this year. So, when the opportunity came up to use a reindeer I knew I wanted to…and then it was a steampunk reindeer…love!
The recycling part of this is the base. This was a base from something long forgotten, but saved for the perfect thing…and this was it!
- Hanger Base: 8.5 x 4, holes drilled with Big Bite, painted with copper acrylic paint. Then stamped with Unity stamp (Distress Ink – Soot), and other random stamps and stencils. I created a chevron stencil with my Silhouette and used Distress Ink – Barn Door to create additional interest in the background. For whatever reason (the paint maybe) the DI wasn’t drying…so, I decided to try embossing it with a chunky brown embossing powder…worked perfectly and gives a great additional feel to the background.
- Flower: The bottom is a random piece of paper that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Suede. Then a wood embellishment also colored with Suede. Finally, a flat back matte ivory pearl.
- Bottom: This is two of the same K&Company gold borders (sprayed with Suede) positioned together, with a piece of gold ribbon in the center.
- Reindeer: Brass the Steampunk Reindeer by Smeared Ink, colored with Copics, the eye is two watch parts. The ears, tail, and antlers are not attached and curled for dimension.
- Hanger: Wired florist raffia that I found at Michael’s, woven and twisted into a pleasing hanger arrangement.
- Art by Miran
- Avenue 63
- Craft Your Passion
- Crafting From the Heart
- Creative Fingers
- Friends with Flair
- Design Team Showcase
- Left of Center
- Mixed Media Mojo
- Not Just Cards
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- Smudgy Antics