Canvas Corp Brands asked the designers to work on a project that featured recipes. As I was putting together a plan, I was my great grandmother’s farmhouse. I was never there, but my mother has wonderful memories of long summer visits, lots of food, frog legs, and boundless love.
We do have some old recipes from her on small cards, very worn, and framed. The potato chip cookies are delectable! What might Shaw have had? How might she have organized given how busy she and everyone else on the farm was? What about using the recipe cards on a menu board? How to keep the recipe card out of the way?
The end result is ties on the recipe cards so they can be hung over kitchen cabinet knobs, a menu board that announces what is being made so that Shaw doesn’t have to tell everyone, and a place to store the recipes while cooking – so she can find them!
- Using a thread and needle weave jute into the chain, finish each end with a big knot in the front.
- Tread jute threw the outside spring on each receipt holder and tie a simple bow.
Pots on Front of Individual Receipt Holders:
- Fussy cut from Pots & Pans on Ivory, spray with Glimmer Mist – Suede, attached words as shown.
- Base: Board and Room Gypsy Moments paper, 3 x 4.5. 1.2 inch of same paper, cut with shaped scissors reverse attached, corners chomped, edged with Distress Ink – Concord.
- Back: Same paper, 2.5 x 4, flower side up.
- Eyelet: Big eyelet set with Big Bite.
- Brad: Two different brads were used – purple flower and a flat design.
- Tie: Red hemp, attached either buy putting under the brad (flat brad) or by tying around the base (purple flower). Simple square knot at the top.
- Recipes: I got these from the internet and sized to 4 x 2.5, edges distressed, DI – Walnut Stain and Honey.
- Using Board and Room Gypsy Moments paper, cut a swirl, roll up around a bamboo skewer, and hot glue to a small base.
- Spray with Glimmer Mist – Suede and Barn Red.
- Hot glue green clothespin to ridge.
- Using Silhouette or a diecut cut out a scalloped 2.5 inch circle from Board and Room Gypsy Moments paper. Stamp with harlequin stamp, inked with Distress Ink – Concord, then distressed with DI – Honey and Shutter.
- Menu: Cut the stars off the top and bottom and sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Suede, chomped the edges.