The April challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Birthday!
I *love* this flower stamp from So Suzy Stamps. So many great uses.
Did you know that So Suzy Stamps
Yes, you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
I thought this would be perfect as a gift box for a birthday or Mother’s Day! I made this for my mom, she is currently in love with this light turquoise color. She is “working” around her pool and hoping to enjoy it quite a bit. Making new pillows, cleaning up the landscaping, and refinishing furniture for the pool area. She is obsessed with this color blue, so it seemed like a perfect color to use as a base for her gift box. And you need a tag for gift wrapping…so, there is a simple matching tag.
- This is the exploding handbag tutorial.
- Purse Base: Light turquoise card stock. One side stamped with Spring Bloom using Distress Ink – Ocean and the other side using Hero Arts – Unicorn. I used the first and second press to get more variation. Both sides embossed with clear powder.
- Flap: I made this slightly smaller so that more of the purse base showed in the back, chomped on the corners, and distressed with Ocean. I then cut a piece of Graphic45 Steampunk Spells paper to inset in each section.
- Flap Decoration: two flowers quilled with the purse base, one larger quilled with Graphic45 Steampunk Spells paper, there are two quilled flourishes, and the centers are glitter glue.
- Handle: Graphic45 Steampunk Spells paper, I used a special blade on the rotary side of my guillotine to get fancy edges. I then cut another piece to put on the underside to cover the “work.”
- Inside Bottom: Graphic45 Steampunk Spells paper, edges chomped.
- Tag: 3.75 x 2, Purse Base card stock, distressed with Ocean, Spring Bloom stamped with Ocean. One inch piece of Graphic45 Steampunk Spells paper folded in half and wrapped around one edge, big silver eyelet, and matching curling ribbon.