The March challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Watercolor!
I *love* the “You’re Wrong” stamp from So Suzy Stamps.
During the month of March use “KIM10″ when checking out to get 10% off.
Did you know that So Suzy Stamps
Yes, you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
I love spring, flowers, bright colors…and zentangle! What could be better than this stamp from So Suzy? Not much!
I live in the South, Spring is erupting everywhere. I love this time of year…except for my allergies it would be perfect.
Another watercolor challenge. Yes, I am getting better at this. If nothing else, less scared of it.
The background was created using a watercolor technique, using Post to Post Links II error: No post found with slug "watercoloring-with-distress-ink-pads".
Another technique used in this card is paper tole. I cut around some of the petals in the two larger flowers and lifted/curled them up. I colored on the back side of the flower so that white didn’t show.
- Card Base: Dark blue Bazzill card stock, A6. Stamped with flourish stamp, inked with white pigment ink, embossed with clear powder.
- First Layer: Watercolor with Distress Ink pads – Peacock, Jeans, Ocean. Edges cut with special rotary trimmer on guillotine. Edges were inked with deep blue ink pad.
- Gems: Matte lavender gems.
- Stems: Product packing that I cut squiggly, then sprayed with Glimmer Mist – Mantis, and dotted with Copics.
- Bar at the Bottom: First layer – glitter border from K&Company. Second Layer – strip of the watercolor paper from the first layer, stamped with a stamp to give texture and Distress Ink – Paint.
- Bow: Jewelry cording tied in a bow.
- Flowers: These were both stamped with Elderberry from Memento and cut out with a Silhouette (Pixscan). Pansy Doodle (2) – Colored with Copics (RV 63, 66, 69 and YR 16, 12, 01), selected petals done is paper tole technique, and pink pearlized gem for center. Daisy Doodle (1) – Colored with Copics (YR 16, 12, 01), tan pearlized gem for center, each petal has a sequin.
- Inside: Scrap piece of coordinating pink cardstock, attached with the cording.
- Anya, Oddies, and Others
- Craft Your Passion
- Design Team Showcase