The March challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Watercolor!
I *love* the It’s Complicated Heart stamp from So Suzy Stamps.
Did you know that So Suzy Stamps
Yes, you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
Love can be quite complicated. Here is my story.
The short version: I sent this to my ex-husband…no snark or sarcasm. I do love him, very much.
The long version: John and I met when we were 13 at summer camp. We hated each other. Over the next 2 years we became friends. We spent hours on the phone. This was years ago when long- distance was expensive. He *might* found ways around that! We didn’t see each other for years.
He ended up going to basic training in San Diego and I lived in Southern California. I went to his graduation and recognized him out of the 5,000+ graduates. Easier than you might expect, he is 5’3″. He got stationed in Long Beach…close to me. Still friends. We did that for years. Eventually it changed into more and we got married. We were married for about 7 years and then divorced. The divorce was my choice.
I ended up leaving the city where we lived and moved across the country. I had a business trip that took me back to where he was living. I purchased his address from the internet and arrived on his doorstep. SURPRISE!
That was over 15 years ago. We are now best friends.
As for the card…he requested that I send him a Valentine’s card so that he can put it on his desk at work. He loves to shock people with our friendship.
- Card Base: Pink Bazzill card stock, A6, embossed with a folder using a Big Shot, the edges and top of embossing distressed with Velvet, and then the corners where chomped.
- First Layer: Mixed media paper, gessoed, and colored with gelatos (watercolor!). I then stamped a flourishy background stamp with versamark and then used orange embossing powder. Finally the corners were chomped.
- Second Layer: Patterned paper scrap, chomped.
- Image: Pink Bazzill card stock, corners chomped, edges distressed with velvet. The heart and sentiment are from So Suzy Stamps and were stamped with tuxedo black.
- Ribbon: This is goes all the way around and is tied in a simple knot. This is peach organza…that I use quite a bit and will miss when it is gone!
- Anya, Oddies, and Others
- Craft Your Passion
- Design Team Showcase
- Virginia’s View Challenge
- V’s Sweet Ideas