I colored this image for the shear joy of coloring. It has sat around my craft room for quite a while…just waiting for the perfect place to end up. The background is the front of a card that I received in a swap. When I was looking for things that might pair with this image…the card front just worked and felt right.
I trimmed it down as much as I could, then tried several layers to go under it. Ultimately, I ended up making the checkerboard area around in Silhouette…even going so far as to determine the size of checks! I used the “striped-check” in the original card front as a guide…to, hopefully, make it look like it all went together!
The final step was deciding how big the black card base should be…and if I wanted to center the whole thing and have Rena partially off the card…or center it, keeping Rena entirely on the card. As you see, I decided on the later!
- Card Base: Black card stock, 6.5 x 5.
- First Layer: Print and cut, black and white check frame created in Silhouette. I did use a file I purchase, heavily modified/integrated. I colored the edge with Copic W-9.
- Second Layer: This is all the color (including the red stripes on the top and bottom. This was a card front I received in a swap.
- Image: Rena Devil from Zury Artsy Craftsy, colored with Copics.