The January challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Ready for the New Year Use Something New. One of the new stamps at So Suzy Stamps is an ice cream cone. Another new thing on this card is that I made my own template using the Silhouette and Graphix Craft Plastic.
This ice cream cone stamp is so cute! The whole time I was working with it…there were thoughts of ice cream! I do have fond memories of the ice cream truck from when I lived in Pennsylvania as a child.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I tend toward CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY (or PEANUT BUTTER) CHOCOLATE BROWNIE! lol.
When I was thinking about the color scheme for the ice cream truck nothing felt right. Then I realized that the awning was remarkably similar to another awning…and a color scheme was born!
Did you know that So Suzy Stamps
Yes, you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
- Card Base: Bazzill tan card stock, 6×6. Corners chomped.
- First Layer: Medium/dark brown card stock, corners chomped.
- Rosettes: Scrap paper. The top was scored at 1/4 inch, the bottom one at 1.2 inch. The center is a random chipboard sticker.
- Road: Medium brown card stock, corners chomped. I then added a piece of ribbon the middle to make this seem like more of a road. I embossed this with the ribbon attached. I had also already put the tape on…but, I recommend embossing *before* taping!
- Truck: Modified Silhouette file. The main body of the truck was embossed with dots which where then highlighted with dark blue pigment ink. The area underneath the awning was painted with Martha Stewart Pearl paint and a template I made! The rims where finished with wood embellishments flowers (with a pearl center) on the rims. There is also a dome butterfly sticker on the back bumper.
- Ice Cream Stamp: So Suzy Stamps, colored with Copics, and glittered highlights from Copic glitter pens.