The January challenge at So Suzy Stamps is…Ready for the New Year Use Something New. One of the new stamps at So Suzy Stamps is “Oh La La,” which got me thinking of Valentine’s Day, fun, and things I might not share here!
As I played around with the stamp and different ways of using it, I realized that I wanted the stamp to be the focal point of the card. The more I played around, the MORE AND MORE AND MORE the card went clean and simple with the sentiment really taking over the card. I did end up adding a small quilled heart, but it is really a supporting character to the stamp. I also chomped the corners to go with the curvy heart. My final addition was the 1/2ish layer of white to help everything POP!
- Card Base: DCWV Raspberry card stock, A2. Chomped.
- First Layer: White card stock, edged with Memento Lilac Posies, and chomped.
- Second Layer: DCVW printed paper, edged with Lilac Posies, and chomped.
- Ribbon: From my stash.
- Quilled Heart: Made from the same paper as the second layer, stamped on the back with Lilac Posies.
- Stamp: Oh La La, inked with Lilac Posies, and embossed with clear embossing powder.