This image is from Sailing Pineapple (which recently closed) and was planned for a Blog Hop.
When I saw this image I immediately saw light blue wings…the rest came after that I was coloring. I had no idea what I was going to end up with. I tend to color and then look for shapes, paper, and embellishments the compliment the overall image once it is done. I have a vague plan…but, let things develop on their own also. I adore this card!
- Card Base: Medium blue Bazzill card stock, A2, corners chomped.
- First Layer (top): Cream Bazzill card stock, chomped. Three small gems are adhered to the tops corners.
- First Layer (bottom); Ek Success punch. I used scrap paper to weave into the punch. Two light blue gems are adhered to each strip.
- Second Layer: Silhouette file, scrap paper., edged with green marker.
- Third Layer: Scrap paper (same was used to weave into the punch). This is supposed to mimic a ballet bar.
- Image: Sailing Pineapple, colored with Copics. I put glitter glue on the ends of her skirt. There is a quilled fringed flower (over a flower on the image). I used a medium/dark pastel on the blue paper on the flower. Also, there is gold glitter glue in the center.