- Tag Base: 4×6. I cut this from food packaging and used the Big Bite to create the hole. I treated the base with clear gesso.
- First Layer: the first layer is all about gelatos (which I have just starting using and trying to figure out!) I used: grape, pistachio, chocolate, and buttercream. I rubbed them on (dark to light & outside to inside). I primarily moved the color around and blended it with my fingers. Toward the end I experimented with a paintbrush and water…but, wet fingers seemed to be the best for this project.
- Butterfly stamp: I wanted some random background on the card and used Page About Butterflies inked with Soot.
- Owl: Wood embellishment colored with the same gelatos from above. The “eyes” are the interior of Prima flowers. The piece of paper under was a scrap from a swap colored with chocolate gelatos. The brown sparkle ribbon underneath is something I purchased on clearance at JoAnn’s.
- Frame: This was a slate blue from I received in a swap. I used the gelatos to change the color to match. I allowed some of the slate to show through to add a little variation to the overall card.
- Life: this is a metal tab I purchased at Tuesday Morning.
- Big Sparkle Snowflake: I purchased this a few years ago a TJ Maxx…left over Christmas. I also colored this with the gelatos. The sparkle still shows through!
- Saying: something random purchased a few years ago.
- Butterflies: received in swaps.
- Final stamping: on top of all this I used a Unity stamp to bring both cohesion and randomness. I inked with soot, but first stamped off then stamped until there was no ink left – repeating several times.
- Ribbon: Gold wrapping ribbon, curled. Off white fabric ribbon, colored with grape, pistachio, and chocolate. Twine with European Beads and a knot at the end.