I was really struggling with creating a “Wings and Things” card for the current Some Odd Girl challenge. So, I went through my “stuff” and found this group of die cuts that I loved…and, of course, there were butterflies (wings :))!
I chose my colors based on the colors in this group of premade ephemera.
- Card Base: A2, coral.
- Inside: This is was journaling card from the set that I glued on.
- First Layer: DCWV Hippie Chic paper.
- Bicycle Kaylee: Some Odd Girl digistamp. I colored her skin with Copic E00 and E11. The rest is done with colored pencils and baby oil. I am new to Copic and still working on getting the paper right! This is an image that I had already printed out on 67lbs, which doesn’t work that well (for me). Thankfully all the details that show up in the pics are so visible to the naked eye!
- Glitter Glue: There is glitter glue on the antenna of the medium butterfly (gold), the head lamp (silver), and to the right of “Laugh” (red).
- Laugh: This is a stamp I got from Tuesday Morning on a round journaling card from the set.
- Top butterfly: this is something I received in a swap!
- Circles: these were cut from the first layer paper. One is placed on the top right and cut so that it is flush with the edge. The other is glued to the to front wheel.