I have a friend that is going through a particular tough time right now. I am going to see her soon and wanted to create something for her. When I was young I used to visit and I remember her loving to color and loving butterflies. She is making many decisions and second (and more) guessing herself. I wanted to make sure she knows that I (and other relevant parties) think she is incredible and has no need to second guess.
- I colored the butterfly with colored pencils and baby oilColored Pencil: Peacock Kaylee, Butterfly, and Owl
- Having not planned ahead I then had to trace the image and create it in Studio. And the butterfly is huge so I had to use a folded letter size piece of paper for the card base. Additionally, I used Bazzill as this is more sturdy.
- I created an external offset of .1 and cut that out of red, orange, yellow, blue, green, and 2 purples. I fanned these out and glued them together with the colored butterfly on top. I trimmed off the butterfly die cuts that were showing around the top and sides. These just created visual confusion. This section is quite heavy (hence the need for a strong card base).
- You Inspire is created with the Lakeside font. There is a small enamel dot serving as the dot for the i.
- Inside I put “Believe in Yourself,” which is also from the Silhouette online store.