WOW! This card took me a while to mentally work through and then create. As always, it turned out different than I had imaged. The translation from the mental model to the physical reality creates something different along the process. Another card I adore!
The overall color scheme is one that is currently posted in Paper Crafters Cafe (a Facebook group).
- I created the sun themed box card myself using Silhouette Studio/Cameo. The first layer on the top of the flaps that fold down are offsets. I used orange Bazzill cardstock with a lighter shade for the offset.
- Outside: these are stickers of a scallop, seahorse, and crab that I already had. I cut them to size and distressed them with walnut stain. On the front there is a flower sticker that I found in my stash.
- Butterfly Flap: This is a two layer butterfly that I put together from a stash of K&Company die cuts. There are two ivory and one pink dot.
- Surf Board Flap: there is an additional offset that I cut out of beige. The sand grains are marker dots. I distressed this with wild honey – more color toward the bottom. I also used squeezed lemonade in the top right corner. The star fish is a triple layer sticker. The scallop shell is real, something vintage that my father found in his stash and recently sent me. The grass is a silhouette file (I used this one often). The surfboard is a combination of two silhouette files that I filled in and turned into a cut/print file: the fish file and the surfboard file.
- Flower Flap: This is a flower that I found in my 3D stash.
- Bicycle Kaylee: This is a digistamp from Some Odd Girls (I love their designs and community!). I colored this with colored pencils and used baby oil to finish the coloring. When I finished the front spoke…it went wrong…so there is a two layer sticker! I love the sticker and think it looks better than simply having the spokes showing. Also, I added something to her hair. This is a piece of orange/white bakers twine and a piece of orange cording tied together; the orange cording is also tied at the end. I brushed this lightly with glue and added yellow glitter.
- Splash: This is a Bo Bunny sticker from Summer Fun. I used the same blue that is the first layer of the image on the back panel.
- The Sun: This is the same cut file that I used to make the flaps of the box. It is hinged with a brad. The holes were cut with a big bite. The orange arm is made from the same color card stock at the first offset on the flaps. The interior circles are 1 inch and 1/2 inch cut scrap paper. The first one is glued down, the second is adhered with foam dots.
- Umbrella and Ball: The umbrella is a sticker that I had in my collection that was left over from another project. The ball is triple layered and from the same set of stickers as the starfish on the front flap.
- The Water Flourish: I cut this out of white card stock and then colored with faded jeans; using less color toward the top.
- The Background Flap: this is a Silhouette file. I didn’t use the sand and only used four of the planks. The area was simply too small the use all the details provided. I did add a blue line to the top of the water with a ball point pen to give some definition. I cut the planks from beige and distressed with walnut stain.