Paper Issues Food for Thought is sponsored by Some Odd Girls…which hopefully everyone already knows I adore!
- I used the SOG digital stamp of a tall skinny mushroom and my Silhouette to make a deckle edge on the card.
- The card base is brown.
- The second layer is green. I distressed the top, bottom, and left with a distressing tool.
- The mushroom I cut by hand from day lily paper I made. Then I distressed it with walnut stain. I cut out the stem and also distressed it with walnut stain. Then I cut out the middle strip on the mushroom from a piece of scrap paper. The wavy stripe is adhered with 3 black foam dots to give dimension.
- The “Mush On” font is Lakeside. I merged the words in Silhouette and cut from the same brown paper as the card base.
- The interior is covered in red. I had a chip board bracket in my stash and cut the green paper to fit it (adhered via glue). The next layer is the same green as the middle layer on the front of the card. I used the 1/4 setting on the chomper on the edges.
- I finished the edges and the red interior paper by distressing with walnut stain.
What's the Deal with the Dog?
If this inspires you let me know!