I love shortbread. This is a simple easy recipe with a twist. I have always created a circle and cut shaped wedges. These are thick and use a cutter. I happened to have a small fluted “biscuit” cutter that worked perfectly.
Ingredients1.25 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling out 3 tablespoons sugar 1/2 cup butter
Equipment, Supplies, and ToolsMixing bowls Pastry blender or knives Rolling pin Ruler Biscuit cutters Cookie sheet Cooling rack Oven! 🙂
- Stir together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse sand.
- Form into a ball and gently press the dough together. Do not overwork. You just want the mixture to come together.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into small circles.
- Press remaining dough together, roll out, and cut. Repeat as needed.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about one inch apart.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown.
- Let cook on sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a towel or cookie rack for cooling.
- Makes about 20 cookies.