I am thrilled to have found Some Odd Girl. Their designs are different, unique, and cute. They are not ordinary!
They are currently hosting a linky party focused on April showers. Brella Fairy looked like she would fit in and I thought she was especially adorable.
This was my first purchase of a digital stamp. All went smoothly. I simply paid and logged into my account on their site and downloaded the file. What you get isn’t colored, just black lines.
- Paper (all card stock):Yellow, medium blue, light blue
- Some Odd Girl, Brella Fairy digital stamp
- Silhouette File: Rain
- Two unique wave borders. I used something I already had. These Silhouette files would give a similar effect: waves base (this one is a little tricky, I will do a tutorial in the future), waves top
Equipment, Supplies, and Tools
- Coloring pencils
- White glitter
- Foam mounting dots; the smaller the better, or cut what you have down
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper Tool
- Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz, faded jeans
- Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz, squeezed lemonade
- Embossing folder
- Self-healing mat
- Guillotine paper cutter (mine is the Costco version)
- Omnigrid rulers
- Rotary cutter (I adore my left-handed one!)
- Tape: ATG
- Glue: Tacky
- Base Card: Bight Yellow 8.5 x 5.5, (scored and folded in half – 4.25 x 5.5, opens from the left)
- First Overlay: Dark Blue, 4.0 x 5.25
- Second Overlay : Light Blue, 3.75 x 5.00. Embossed. Edges distress all around with Faded Jeans. Top left corner distressed with Squeezed Lemonade.
- All these are corner rounded with the 1/4 punch.
- Open .png of stamp in Silhouette.
- Trace and take just the outline.
- Use the offset feature and set to .15.
- Set the size as shown in the picture.
- Turn on registration marks.
- Make sure the stamp is within the cut space.
- Cut, using the Silhouette.
- Color in the girl as desired.
- Make a small slice in between her legs (from just below the knee to the stem) with an Exacto knife.
- Using the Silhouette file ungroup and delete until all you have left is one drop. Make that .375 high. Make 3.
- Using the file above scale that to 75%. Make 3.
- Cut the larger ones from dark blue paper and the smaller ones from light blue.
- Glue one-half of each of the lighter blue drops and glitter with white glitter. Wait for these to dry.
- Using the foam mounting dots center and adhere the light blue dots to the dark blue dots.
- Bottom wave border cut to 3.75, twice.
- Water border cut to 3.75.
- Have all pieces cut and prepared.
- Center and adhere the first overlay with tape.
- Center and adhere the second overlay with tape.
- Weave one of the bottom waves through the fairies legs (straight edge down), tape the back of the wave, place as desired, and press down to adhere to overlay.
- Tape the back of the other bottom wave. Abut the straight edge against the straight edge of the other bottom water piece.
- Glue the top waves piece and press to adhere over the seam between the two bottom waves pieces.
- Glue and adhere the three rain drops below the leaf; on just below, one above her hand, and one entering the water.