Ingredients½ cup butter, softened ¾ cup sugar 1/3 – 2/3 cup peanut butter 1 egg ½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract 1 ¼ cup flour ½ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, and peanut butter until creamy. If you want a hint of peanut butter use 1/3 cup. Using this amount people have asked me what the background flavor is. It is very subtle. Using 2/3 cup the peanut flavor is pronounced.
- Add egg and extract. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in chips until they are mixed evenly throughout the batter.
- Drop rounded teaspoon full onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute on the sheet and transfer to cooling rack.
I usually only cook 2 batches and put the remaining batter in a Ball jar in the refrigerator. Then we can have fresh made cookies for a few nights. Please note that I cannot provide any safety information or assurances on this practice.
You can also add peanut butter chips. I do not do this as my household (besides me!) are not entirely in love with peanut butter! Can you imagine?